Thomas Great Hall, Bryn Mawr College | Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
A designated National Historic Landmark originally designed by Cope & Stewardson, has been Bryn Mawr College’s most important public space since it first opened in 1902. A major restoration to repair years of benign neglect of the masonry, leaded-glass, roof, and interior woodwork, provided the additional opportunity to introduce new HVAC, electrical, lighting and sound systems, and a large-scale storage closet. Accented by custom-designed light fixtures and furnishings, Thomas Great Hall is now used for conferences, lectures and concerts, as well as a formal lounge and study area.
Size: 5,500 sf
Pennsylvania Society of Architects Honor Award, 1993
Preservation Pennsylvania, Institutional Stewardship Merit Award, 1993 (as part of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission Preservation Initiative Award Program)