Theater, West Chester University | West Chester, Pennsylvania
A classic example of the Collegiate Gothic style, Philips Memorial Hall is the symbolic front door to West Chester University. Designed by Price and Walton in 1925, it houses the University’s administrative head-quarters including the president’s office, a rare book library, lecture halls, meeting rooms and the main auditorium. Determined not to lose the one remaining building that was original to the campus, the college retained VMA to painstakingly restore the building envelope as well as insert a world class concert hall into the historic structure. The Emilie K. Aplundh Concert Hall is fit out in accordance with Actor’s Equity requirements making it a stellar venue for regional and repertory performances as well as international stage acts.
Size: 53,000 sf
Budget: $11.54 million